This will be the first time I am planning to close and winterize my pool myself.
Few questions I have listed below. Also any additional tips will be greatly appreciated.

1) Is is necessary/recommended to partially drain the pool? If so, how low do I go? Below the skimmers? Below the return line coming into the pool?

2) Best way to vacuum seal the lines? I have also heard that you can put some sort of antifreeze in the pipes. Is this recommended?
2a) Any specific tricks for vacuum sealing the main drain?

3) What to do with the equipment?
- 3a) I read in another thread to remove the multi-port valve. Is this necessary. In my previous pool closing, no one has ever down this.

- 3b) DE filter should be open and cleaned out with a hose. Anything else here? the pressure gauge can stay on?

- 3c) What is the best way to remove the water from the pump?

- 3d) Anything special to do with the pool line valves

4) Chemicals
- 4a) I have heard of potentially adding Polyquat? Is this required? If so, how much?
- 4b) Ideal fc level for closing the pool? Should I continue to add bleach throughout the winter?
- 4c) Ideal ph level for closing the pool?
- 4d) Any thing else here?

5) Cover
- 5a) I have a "safety cover" with springs. Previously I have watched the pool company use a special rod to snap the springs onto the screws in the patio. What is this rod called and where do I get it?

Anything else?!?!?!?

Thanks!