In our area (S.E PA), we can no longer find "plain" bleach. All that the stores now carry is the HE/splashless bleach (which does not smell of chlorine at all). Even the generic bleaches are now HE with no scent and the % of sodium hypochlorite not listed on the label. We did not realize this until we started to have water clarity issues. I tested all our levels (pH, ALK, CYA, etc.) and all were in the perfect range. For the first time since we made the conversion from Hydrogen Peroxide base sanitizer to the B-B-B method in 2006, we cannot get our water clear due to using HE bleach.

I had to switch to using chlorine tablets, which I hate and are too difficult to control the chlorine levels. Also using these tablets, I can't keep the pH at a good level. It's like the tablets reduce the pH on a daily basis.

So, I NEED to go back to bleach. I found a generic ULTRA Germicidal bleach on-line and am hoping this can be used. Does anyone have and thoughts on using this in place of plain bleach since we cannot buy plain bleach anywhere anymore? If anyone has a link to where I can buy plain bleach, please share!