In 2006 I installed an Aquarite SWCG in my 30,000 gallon in-ground pool. I live in NH so it is seasonal. No shade.
I figured I'd post an update about the system from a longer term user perspective since much of what is on the forum is related to newer experiences or questions.

In short - the SWCG in combination with my Aquabot, has made pool maintenance an absolute breeze.

I have replaced the cell once and may be due for another soon.

At the beginning of a season I typically add a few gallons of 12.5% chlorine to get chlorine levels up to normal. I usually add 4-6 bags of $5 salt to get the salt level back up to normal. I also add calcium for hardness and maybe some CYA stabilizer. I might add a little more of these chemicals during the summer to replace splash loss, but not much.

From then on, the SWCG maintains a proper level of chlorine with very little effort. I run the filter about 6-8 hours per day and adjust the chlorine output accordingly, but it rarely needs it.

I really enjoy the fact that the water is gentle on the eyes. You can open your eyes under water without irritation. You don't really notice the salt - maybe a slight bit of taste if water gets in your mouth.

If you are interested, here is a link to when I first converted from Baquacil and my early experiences.

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...4537#post54537

I am lucky in that there are no trees directly overhead so not much blows into the pool. (This is a contributing factor to a fairly level chemistry as there isn't a lot of foreign matter getting in to mess things up.) After one manual vacuum when I open the pool, all I do is throw in the Aquabot every week or two to clean it up.

Jeff