OK, so I made a huge miscalculation and added 4x the amount of pH-plus that I needed. I ended up with a pH greater than 8 and drove my Alk from a perfect 120 to 240! Curse me!!

Thank you so much for the tutorial on lowering pH. As a former chemistry major, it makes PERFECT sense to me. Thank God I do not work in a lab with my present-day lack of diligence with my calaulations!!

In bringing my pH back to 7.5 last evening with dry acid, the Alk already came down to 210. I then read your tutorial this AM and started running the deck jets to agitate the water surface. I have the pH down to between 6.8 and 7 now and will hold it there until the Alk gets to 120.

We are going out of town tomorrow for an overnight and will be back the next day. I feel like I should close the pool cover until we get back. I realize the process will stop during that time, but would you expect me to lose any ground? I am hoping to be done by then, but if not should I leave the pool uncovered? I HATE cleaning my filters and we occasionally get unpredicted dust storms here, so we usually never leave it open even to leave the house for a few hours.