Hello,

I recently purchased a new home last fall that came with a pool. I have never owned or even helped any friends with their pools, so I'm pretty green when it comes to knowing how and what to do. I have been excited all winter for the weather to break so that I could begin using it. We opened the cover on June 1st, and began the process of getting everything in order. My pool is open, and seems to be ok right now, but I know I have lots to do still.

I have been reading as much as I can every day on pool info, and have visited my local pool supplier a couple of times for chemicals and water testing already. The previous owner left me an assortment of chemicals from last year, 6 bags of HTH "shock", a couple bottles of clarifiers, Alk+&- , Calcium, and a small amount of algecide. I used up all of the shock per my pool supply recommendations and started to follow their regiment. I already purchased PH-, and CYA from them too. My PH was around 8.6, now is close to 7.6. I don't remember my CYA readings, but my pool seems to be stable according to their initial and follow up testing. The water looks clear even after a few heavy rain storms. I am planning to order your recommended test kit tonight when I get home and begin doing things myself.

I stumbled upon this place a few days ago, and I'm very glad that I did so early into my learning and this pool season. I want to start following the BBB method.

My Stats:
In ground 14x28 pool. ~3ft shallow end, ~5ft deep end.
I'm at work right now, so I don't have the make or stats of my pump or filter (its a sand type, Hayward). My heater is a Laars Lite 2 LG 175

I can fill in the rest of the gaps when I get home. I'm excited to be a new member and look forward to learning a lot.