I opened my pool about a month ago and everything went great! I had surgery last week and I was unable to keep up with the pool while in the hospital and we had lots of rain and HOT weather. When I got home the pool was GREEN! I didn't know what to do so I added Algicide which helped the greenness, nows its a light cloudy blue gray color and I can't see the bottom. I've read alot of these posts on here and you all have helped me so much- THANK YOU. I think I figured out what to do but I wanted to be sure. My pool is 10,000 gal vinyl with a Hayward sand filter. Here are my test results:

CL 0
CYA 60
PH 8.2 which is the highest (it was bright red)

I was using bags of shock until I came to pool forums and it the chlorine levels would always be 0. I started adding a gallon of bleach here and there and still 0. NOW I just went to the store and bought 10 gallons of 5.25% bleach! From what I've read I need to get my chlorine up to about 20ppm because my CYA is 60 and by using the bleach calc. I need to add about 3.5 gal of bleach which I just did. How long do I want to keep my chlorine level at 20? Just until it clears up then keep it within normal range? I know I need to get my PH down but wasn't sure about adding the acid now or wait until I get my chlorine levels under control first??? Its all so confusing but I'm trying!

Am I off to a good start??? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!!!