Hello there - I haven't posted in a long time because I was really bad being consistent at keeping my ppm's up enough and kept having to deal (often) with algae blooms and do the whole bleach thing. My mom offered to treat having a pool company come and keep the chemicals for me. (They will only do chemicals due to it being an above ground). Anyway, things have been great for many months, but now I have a pond. They were out 2X last week, but it's even worse now. I called the guy today and he said, "Well, then, it must be phosphates." He's coming tomorrow to check.

I went right out to check my chemicals. This is what I found: ppm 1.5 (ugh), ph about 7.6-7.8, TA 100, CYA OVER 100!!!!! (I have the K-2006) Yikes!!!!!

So, I called him back & he doesn't believe that it's that high - he'll check it tomorrow.

I assume from what I've learned in the past, we will have to drain & refill - at least half, right?? Yikes! I asked him what he is using that has gotten the CYA that high. He told me a "conditioner" and that they shoot for a CYA of 80 "this time of year" (I live in Fl & it's getting hot).

Please help me understand this all better so that I may be able to better deal with his suggestions tomorrow. Also, would you say - financially - if this is my responsiblity to fix the problem, or his?

Also - since he is doing a "pool company's" system and not mine, how does that work - they only come 1X a week, so there is no way he could do it my way - I was having to check and balance every day or so when I wasn't dealing with a bloom. How in the world do pool companies only come 1X a week and be successful (usually)? My mom has had hers done for 8 years now and has never had a problem. Never green once.

Thanks for any info.

BTW - I have a 24' round and DID end up buying the correct sized pool pump that you guys had recommended to go with my filter.

Jennifer