We've had alot of rain the past couple weeks and have had to pump water out of the pool several times, so I knew I needed to test everything to see what needed adjusting. Here's the results prior to making any adjustments:

pH 7.6 (it's been stable at 7.6 since mid June)
FC 5 (I keep it at 5-6)
CC 0 (except for spring cleanup, its always 0)
TA 80 (last I checked before all the rains and pumping water out it was at 100)
CYA 50 (was 80 before all the rains/pumping)
borate 40 (was 60 before all the rains/pumping)
Salt 3000 (I had already added 80# of salt a couple days before since I already knew it was low)

I added 5# of CYA to bring CYA back up to 80 and added 19# of boric acid (per The Pool Calculator) to bring borates back up to 60. This is the first time I've used boric acid. Previously I was using tetraborate pentahydrate but figured I'd switch to boric acid (purchased from The Chemstry Store mentioned here) so I wouldn't have to deal with adding muriatic acid.

I read here that boric acid is slightly acidic and would have a small effect on pH. An hour after adding the boric acid (broadcast throughout pool and brushed to dissolve any that settled on bottom) I checked the pH again and was surprised to see it had dropped to 7.2.

I didn't expect it to drop that much. Is this much of a drop normal for the amount I added? Anything I should be concerned about with such an abrupt pH change? Is there an effect on TA and should I retest/keep an eye on TA as the pH goes back up (I use a SWCG so I expect the pH will rise on it's own)? Anything else it may have altered I need to recheck?

Thanks.