Hi. I have always read this forum for info (very helpful) and now need to post. I was gone for 2 weeks and my housesitter neglected my pool and I have an exchange student coming and wanted to hang by the pool while we got to know each other, but my pool is green/brown!
So i dumped everything known to mankind in: chlorine, metal and calcium eliminator (we're on a well and have high iron content - and lots of pool stains; something I plan on dealing with this winter after reading that forum), algeacide, muriatic acid, etc. (this was all after doing drop test to see what was needed).

This was 2 days ago and i've only seen 10% improvement. Water is now more green than brown, and a little clearer, but still cant see bottom of deep end.
Here are my readings (approximate)
Chlorine: dark yellow
PH: 7.2
Alkalinity: 140+ (this was high before; I dumped Muriatic acid in and it lowered to 75. now it's back up so i put 1.5 gallons in to lower it - 35K gallon pool)
Hardness: doesnt register so i assume all's good
CYA: off the charts.

I'm thinking the CYA might be high b/c last month I switched to a powdered chlorine, not knowing about the CYA issue. I have backwashed my pool alot, and that along w/ water evap due to high temps should have enough fresh water in pool I would think.
Anyhow, any advice is appreciated, and I will buy products needed now from walmart due to urgency of situation, but future products I will buy from Amazon link to show my appreciation.
Thanks