I have an above ground, 14,000 gallon pool with sand filter. I'm at my wits end at the moment. I use Softswim and cannot keep the C level up. The pool store thinks I have a water mold. Two weeks ago they suggested I try adding a gallon of bleach to the skimmer and let it set in the filter overnight with the pump off then backwash out the next morning and add 3 gallons of C. The C level is back at 1 now. Ph high (8.4) so pool store had me add 3.5 lbs of Lo N Slo then suggested I use the Softswim Filter Aid as a flocculant. My pool was only a little bit hazy before I added that last night with the pump off. As soon as I added the floc it turned milky white. Still milky this morning. Looks 50 times worse than it did before I added it!!! I am so upset I don't know what to do. I vacuumed to waste this morning and it doesn't look any different. The next step is to add 3 gallons of C according to the pool store, but I don't know if I should add that now or wait until things "clear" up with the flocculant disaster I have now. I don't want to add 3 gallons of C if I need to vacuum to waste again. Don't want to pump money into the yard. I've spent a fortune on chemicals already. Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Company coming to swim this afternoon. UGH!!!!