howdy from Indiana
I am hoping to get some pointers and info about restoring my older in-ground pool.
I am starting with a new liner that will be here in a week or so.
Before installing the liner I am hoping I can help the bottom (patching and smoothing) without adding too much matieral that it causes my measurments to change.
I guess question one is, what would be the least amount I can use to skim coat? (I am going to try DIY vemiculite patching).
question two is what do I do about the spots that are allowing the ground water the leak in while I repair those areas?
I need to patch but ground water is comming in 100% of the time in a couple places and that leads into the question of does the surface need to be dry or does it matter?
I am also wondering if I can cut out a large hump that wasnt addressed on the original install (hack job)
...can I cut it out and patch over?

I am sure there are some other things I need to know before I jump into doing this but I have to do something soon. I dont think the current condition of the base is acceptable and I know I can make it much better.
I will snap some pictures and load on here, showing the hump and some of the 'bad spots'.

...looking forward to all the advice and info I can get to keep me outta trouble!