Hi. I am new to this forum and new to pool ownership. We decided to start with a small inflatable rectangular shape kiddie pool without a filter. We filled from a municipal source last week and don't want to have to keep draining and putting in new water due to the cost. I bought a PH/Chlorine test kit from our hardware store and chlorine tablets and a floating dispenser. The chlorine level has been stable for the past week. I am confused about the PH level. I don't understand the difference between the numbers and increase and PH and any info I have found online has confused me more. When I do the test daily the numbers are high and the color is a medium purple. I believe I need to increase the PH to bring the numbers down? Is that right? I have been adding Borax at the rate of 2 tablespoons daily but that has not made much of a difference. The pool contains 400 gallons and I mix the borax with the pool skimmer into the water and then retest after 4 hours or so. Do I need to add more Borax? Should I buy a PH increaser instead? My hardware store tried to sell me a large bottle of the increaser but from what I have read Borax will pretty much do the same thing. Any help someone can give would be so appreciated! Lisa