Hi All
My pool was opened 6 days ago. Water was down three plus feet. so I filled it with town municipal water (known to be high in metals). The guy, who opened my pool, added liquid chlorine when he opened the pool. Pool opened green and now is more green but clear.

I have my chlorine feeder loaded with trichlor pucks. I also shocked with one bag of Leslies Power Powder Plus (Cal Hypo).

My total chlorine and free chlorine are above 6.

PH is 7.2 TA is 60

pool is inground 16 x 32. Vinyl liner. I estimate 18,000 gallons.

I have had metal problems in the past. The Municpal water is well known to have a lot of metal in it. Local Lesliies store says it sells more Metal Free out of this location than most other stores.

In the past I have added Metal Free and the problem has been solved. I have also had to do the ascorbic acid treatment in one past year to get stains off of the walls of my pool.

So this year, I have added 3 bottles of Metal Free (Natural Chemistry brand), with NO change.

I put some vitamin C tablets in a sock and rubbed the wall of the pool in one spot, but no change. Makes me think the metal is in the water but hasn't stained the liner yet?

I don't think it is algae, because the pool walls don't feel slimy, the water is clear, and I have been running with high chlorine for 6 days.

Anyway.......Help.......what do I do ??????