Thread: Thank you pool doc!! Your the best.....

Threaded View

Default Thank you pool doc!! Your the best.....

Well I had some major issues last yr and pool doc helped me immensely. I also just read this sticky and believe that was my issue last year, and well every year I open.

http://www.poolsolutions.com/gd/spri...-problems.html

So I lose CYA every year. Is this from fertilizing my lawn in the early spring? [No! PoolDoc] Well anyway I stopped using chemical based lawn fertilizers and use corn gluten and all organic stuff now. Don't know if it will make a difference. Anyway 90F + here in NJ and I opened the pool...Lol. I use a net/ leaf cover only and am green every yr. ( I know I sould probably cover properly. It will save me a lot of heart aches)

Here are my pics.

Pool is vacuumed and skimmed. I will run filter 24/7/ ( Hmmm I think I may run on low speed though to save electric. Possibly one day on high speed will not hurt)

I forgot to adjust the pH before I added chlorine, so the pH reads high now because of this.

So that's where I am at.
    Chlorine = 12 ppm.
    CYA = 0. ( Added 1 lb cyanuric acid)
    That's where I am at today. And thanks again for the help last yr.

Mike NJ
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 04-30-2012 at 03:21 PM. Reason: editing to trim / organize / answer
    12x18 vinyl AG 6.2K gal; Hayward equp: 16" sand filter (spring clean up) -- Xtream 100 sft cart (after clean up) -- Power Flo Matrix 1hp 2spd pump w/ AO Smith motor