This is only the second year I've had a pool, at the end of last year we took it down and stored it like recommended by Intex. Now I'm wondering if that is really necessary. We live in Southern IN and it does get cold and it does freeze. We've had ice storms instead of great amounts of snow but you never know what the year will hold.

The pool has not been used for over a month. We are all too busy working and the kids are now back in school with part time jobs after school and weekends. I have kept the chlorine and pH balanced and have had no issues, the pump runs 24/7 and I clean the filter daily. Have not been gettting much when I do clean it except after it rains and I clean the bottom also.

I do have a cover but have never used it since we took pool down last year. Seems like the pool gets alot of use end of May thru end of July then limited use til school starts, then barely at all.

Is it really necessary to take it down? I've read the sticky but since I do not know if anyone lives around here, I don't know if the methods would be the same. I also doubt I would test it at all over the Winter. There are two drain plugs at the bottom edge, we have a removable skimmer that just hangs over the side of the pool. I would drain pump and put it in the garage which is unheated except when spouse working on something.

Kathy