If you have been following any of my previous posts you will know that I have my plate full with pool maintenance and repair items. All was going well until I went to replace the Spider Gasket on the Multi-Port Valve. The Spider Gasket on the side mount multi-port valve was damaged and needed replacement. I have a 'Swimquip' 2" valve, model 14971-12. I have noticed with all the on-line literature and parts houses that Sta-Rite purchased Swimquip, or at least the multi-port valves. I have ordered the spider gasket twice and each time receive the same part, which is too small. The OD of the old spider gasket and slot it fits into is 7 1/4 inches. The ID of the center hole in the old spider gasket is 5/8". What I receive when I order a Spider Gasket for a Sta-Rite 2" multi-port valve is too small. The OD of the new gasket is 6 3/4 inches, but correct on the ID of the center hole. Has anyone encountered similar problems with the Simquip valve, now handled by Sta-Rite? Where can I find the correct Spider Gasket. I also understand the new Spider Gasket needs to be glued into the slot. I have literature that recommends using Loctite 401, 403 or 416. Any thoughts on other possibilities in case I can't find the Loctite product? Thanks in advance for yor help.

Kind Regards,

Scott