I just wanted to say what a great feeling it is to have all my chemical levels in balance. It seems that the world is in harmony.

We bought an intex 18x4 metal frame pool last year. This was my first experience with a pool and I could never get my TA to come down which caused me trouble with pretty much everything else. My levels were always way out of wack and the SWG was constantly needing to be cleaned....after a mustard outbreak, I was so discouraged I just drained the pool and put it away (about August.) This year I made up my mind that I would not be beaten, so I set up the pool, cleaned it up and filled it. Got out the ol' test kit and got busy. I went ahead and invested in a 4000 gph pump to replace the 1500 that comes with the pool (this new one really moves some water!) I also bought the delux skimmer kit for it (that works very well with the new pump) It's been set up for about a month and when I tested yesterday all my levels were PERFECT! I'm really looking forward to a fun filled summer of swimming bliss. So....long story long!....There is hope. After a bad year last year I'm really excited to be off to such a great start.

Just a few things for the new guys....

The bigger pump seems to help a lot.
The skimmer makes life a lot easier.
They sell "filter savers" (which seem to be made out of nylon hose material? that really help with time between cleaning the filter) Well worth the few bucks.