We just converted to a salt system about a week ago when we replaced our vinyl liner. I am just starting to get a hang of the chemistry balance, but things were going okay. I added CYA and calcium hardness over the past week to get these within normal to high-normal ranges, being sure to do so when the cell is off and keeping it off for about a half hour after adding chemical. At one point, I looked at my SWCG (a CompuPool) and noticed a constant drip from both under the plastic surrounding the cell (ours is vertical) and from one of the connections to the PVC piping, only when the pump is running. Called the installer and left a message over Labor Day weekend regarding this and the fact that for one day, the temperature reading on the CompuPool was oddly reading at 32 degrees F (the water was really around 75 degrees)! Also, salt PPM readings were not staying constant; rather, vascillating between 3200 and 3000 depending on the moment.

So, it appears the pool company came yesterday. I actually forgot to check the leak situation because I was so distracted by a new problem: a cloudy haze pouring in from my pool returns. I do know the company added some more salt (about 3 bags), and the computer is reading now at 3600 ppm. The haze is definitely bubbles, and when I turn off the cell, it disappears within moments. As soon as the cell is turned back on (it's running at 60%), the bubbly haze reappears. It comes out uniformly from all returns, but is most noticeable at the shallow end of the pool where I guess the bubbles congregate more closely. I should also add that since the beginning I have had trouble maintaining a measurable amount of chlorine, but by Sunday I was holding steady at about 1-1.5. However, yesterday when I tested during this whole cloudiness fiasco, my chlorine levels were back down to the reagent test kit barely registering (less than 1).

Some more fun facts:
25,000 gallon inground pool
Sand filter
Attached spa w/overflow into pool
TA: about 165 (according to one expert, high TA is absolutely no concern unless ph is out of range)
PH: about 7.6
CH: about 250 (according to AquaCheck test strip -- need to bring water sample to store for more accurate reading)
CYA: about 60 (according to AquaCheck test strip -- need to bring water sample to store for more accurate reading)
CC: 0
pool is crystal clear other than when this cloudy, bubbly haze appears
Water temp over past few days in the afternoon (we ran heater on Saturday): around 82 deg. F

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

-- Jody