Hello everyone....

I live in NE Pennsylvania and just opened my 24' above ground pool (13K gallon) this past weekend. I've decided to use the BBB method and see how things go and could use some help with some cloudy water. Here are my readings from just about 30-mins ago (I'm using the Taylor kit I just purchased):

FC = 6.0
CC = 0
PH = 7.2
ALK = 110
Calcium = 280
CA = Over 30 - using the test kit I did the test and filled the tube with the water/solution and I can still see the black dot on the bottom when I fill the tube to the very top (which is 30)

When I opened the pool the other day my CC was 2.8 and my FC was zero. So I added about 3-gallons of 6% bleach (Walmart brand) to the pool yesterday and it looks like that helped clear up my CC issue. I know the FC is high but I'm not sure what is causing the cloudiness of the water. Here are some other things to note:

1. I have a sand filter and just backwashed it today to clean it out.
2. When I opened the pool there was a lot of white tissue-y looking stuff floating around, especially after I put in the plastic stairs. I don't see any of that floating anymore though.
3. When I say cloudy I mean I cannot see the bottom of the pool. I can probably see 1/3 of the way down but the water is blue.

I went to the local pool store and he said to use a clarifier (which I added a few ounces last night) but doesn't appear that that changed anything. One thing I have not done since I opened is vacuum. Not sure if that would help or not.

Any ideas how to get my pool back to sparkling clean water?? Had loads of issues last year at the end......darn pool was constantly losing chlorine and it was a pain. I've normally used 3" pucks in the floater (which I removed) and I also use the "Chlor Brite" to shock (which I did initially put a 1-lb bag in when I opened it up.) Needless to say I'm learning as I go here and could use some help in getting a good clean pool and a good consistent routine down for maintaining it.

Appreciate the help and all of the info on these boards.

-Brian