+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chlorine Extender

Ohm_Boy is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst Ohm_Boy 0

Default Chlorine Extender

Ok, I've thought of a great product! A chlorine extender. It will increase the shelf life of your 10 or 12% liquid chlorine. It's actually a proprietary formulation of **hydrogen and oxygen, so it's universally safe. You can even drink it. To use it, you just add an equal amount to a quantity of 10 or 12% LC, and it will reduce the strength to 5 or 6%, thus reducing the overall degradation over time. It's so flexible, you can adjust the proportions to achieve higher or lower percentage concentrations too!

Any takers?

**[H20]

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Default Re: Chlorine Extender

I have inside information on the 'proprietary formula' and know for a fact that it contains the potentially deadly chemical dihydrogen monoxide which is discussed at length in this thread starting with the 5th post!
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

Naturally, there are dangers associated with any chemicals - there are even reports of instances of death occurring from a simple reduction of o2, however I have taken every possible precaution with my formulation. I can even provide it in smaller, 16 oz containers to minimize exposure risk. Still too much? Fear not! There is the super-safe 20ml size, which I can provide in quantities high enough to directly replace the larger, more dangerous sizes.

I _AM_ looking for marketing copy, though...

Talking Re: Chlorine Extender

Quote Originally Posted by Ohm_Boy View Post
    I have taken every possible precaution with my formulation. I can even provide it in smaller, 16 oz containers to minimize exposure risk.
    OK. I'll take 8 of the 16 oz size and 100 in the super-safe 20 mL containers.

Can I get free shipping with my order?
    16'x29' free-form 14K gal IG gunite pool; SWCG & sodium hypochlorite 8.25%; Hayward SwimClear C4025 cartridge filter; Hayward SP3202VSP TriStar Variable Speed Pool Pump; custom test kit based on Taylor K-2006C; city; PF:8.6

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I'd like mine with salt added so I can make my pool feel softer. I'll need a lot......Do you take the "Uncover" Card?
    Carl

I'll take 8 of the 16 oz size and 100 in the super-safe 20 mL containers.
    That's a smart choice, as the smaller sizes are not only safer, but easier to juggle and throw.

Can I get free shipping with my order?
    Ooh, sorry, Since I ship in specially designed cartons and shrink wrap, we naturally want to ensure that your product is delivered as efficiently as possible for your use, don't we? Your low* shipping cost assures you of the best product.

I'd like mine with salt added so I can make my pool feel softer. I'll need a lot.
    No problem! You'll probably benefit from our custom delivery vehicles. This can be drop-shipped directly to your location. As an option, you can select to have the salt provided separately to have complete control over the mixture. Of course, freight charges will apply, but that is easily offset by the savings you'll see in the volume discounts achieved by purchasing the larger quantity. In fact, buying by the tank truck actually makes the cost per milliliter relatively affordable**.

Do you take the "Uncover" Card?
    Take them? We ISSUE them***! Sign up now for our introductory rates and enjoy "New Member" discounts on your first complaint.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Comparatively speaking. Your shipping cost is low compared to the actual cost of the product.

**Again, comparatively speaking. It's affordable relative to, oh... say... platinum, or in some cases, gold.

***Additional fees apply. Discounted complaint charge is a time-limited offer.
    Last edited by Ohm_Boy; 06-28-2010 at 01:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread