+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: More on PoolBusters

Default Re: More on PoolBusters

Do you guys have the Poolbuster, Poolbuster Max or the CG model? From what I read the Max is the latest version of the retail model.

From the posts it looked like the CG model had the fine filter bag, but when I checked sources on line it doesn't look like it. All I see for both is the all-purpose bag with the option to buy the fine one.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I have the original, and bought the fine bag--haven't used the original since. They oughta just bite the bullet and make the fine bag standard!

My P/B is in its 3rd season, and, despite the problem I had I still wouldn't be without it!

Now where is that vacuum and hose again????
    Carl

Thumbs up Re: More on PoolBusters

I have a version of the Max that is supposed to be somewhat modified for the donut pool. I honestly don't know what modifications, if any, were done. I asked before I bought and just got some general answers about the accessories and slight mods to the inner workings. Anyway, that aside, I LOVE this thing! No hoses, no water loss, no stress on the pump, and no adding water using a venturi (garden hose) vac... it charges in an hour or less and goes for at least an hour. The package I bought (from pooldrstore.com) came with the regular filter bag, the fine filter bag and 5 socks that fit in either bag. I used the socks initially to pick up algae residue and dirt/dust that I couldn't get out any other way. It sucked it all right up. I literally dumped out heavy clogs of this stuff from the bags. The suction was very good, despite the two-bags, which I'm sure made it less effective. I don't have a leaf problem yet, so haven't used the regular filter bag... I'm sure that would even increase the power more. And, the other good thing is that you can really get around with it and into tight spaces. You can take the head off and just use the small tube. That will fit in just about any crevice.

My experiences have been very positive. I'm not pushing any retailer over another, but the pooldr site I mentioned offers a 14 day trial period. If they stand by that, I think its definitely worth trying and seeing if you like it. If not, send it back.

Lori

I have been using the commercial grade PB for 2 months and have been very happy with the results. I do not find the need to push down on the unit once I put it to the bottom of the pool. I haven't seen the socks mentioned in this thread, but it is my understanding that the CG comes with the fine sediment bag. Once in a hile if I see some sediment getting through I use some cotton balls as recommended by someone on this site (Carld).

You can't go wrong with this unit.

bbb is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst bbb 0

BJ's has a "PoolBlaster Catfish" model in stock for $99. It appears to be manufactured by Water Tech, manufacturer of the PoolBuster. this a cheap imitation of the Pool Buster or merely a rebranding of the original Pool Buster? It uses non-user-replacable Nickel Metal Hydride rechargable batteries.

here's a link to an online store that has it at the same price.
    bbb = bleach, borax, & baking soda

Will the PoolBuster with the fine filter bag suck up dead algae?

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
    You can even use the original PB as your main vac. It's easier and faster to use than a hose vac, too. Spend the $25 on the finer filter bag, it's well worth it.

You should clean the bag after every use. First dump out the junk you can, then just take a bucket of water and rinse it. Repeat once on the rinse in a fresh bucket and you're done!
    Thanks,
    Ed

--------------------------
    33,000 Gallon
    20'x40'
    Vinyl
    IG
    --------------------------

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I don't know. I don't have any dead algae, and haven't had much in years.
    Carl

bbb-on the Blue Haven site it says the Catfish is for above ground pools and the Buster is for inground pools. Don't know what the difference is between them or why the Catfish couldn't be used on an inground pool.
    Last edited by poolbee; 05-14-2007 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticDaddio View Post
    Will the PoolBuster with the fine filter bag suck up dead algae?

Ed
    Don't know if it will handle algae, probably. It handles the VERY fine silt I get in the pool through my mesh winter cover. What *WILL* get algae - before it hits the filter - is the filter socks. They are also great at trapping pollen before it hits the filter. I have them on now and the amount of stuff they trap is phenomenol.

I'm currently contemplating purchasing either a PoolBuster MAX or PoolBuster CG. If you go to WaterTech's site, they now offer a PoolBuster CG Gold. This model sells for $349 and includes a "Fine Sand & Silt" bag, a pack of 5 Micro-filter bags and an extra 1hr charging unit.

Anyone out there think that's a good deal?

+ Reply to Thread