+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: More on PoolBusters

poolbuoy is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst poolbuoy 0

Default Re: More on PoolBusters

If I order a pool buster now will it have the upgrade kit?

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by poolbuoy
    If I order a pool buster now will it have the upgrade kit?
    Not sure I understand the question. You can hunt up their website and give them a call. I found them VERY helpful.
    Carl

They now have a replacement battery/motor pack that they sell--it's pricey, about 1/3 of the total price. Had I contacted them during the warranty they would have just given it to me. But I had to buy it. This is no slam on PB--The warranty is 1 year, and I contacted them after 2 1/2 years. Still, they were pretty good about it--I couldn't find my charger so they sent me a used one for free with the battery/motor.

But the new battery/motor is fairly easy to install, and BOY! WHAT A DIFFERENCE! It's running like it's supposed to again. I also ordered the silt bag--it, too, increases the PB's effectiveness.

I don't know about the newer PoolBuster models, but I am still very, very pleased with mine. It's like a new unit again.[/QUOTE]

This is what I meant by the upgrade kit....

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by poolbuoy
    They now have a replacement battery/motor pack that they sell--it's pricey, about 1/3 of the total price. Had I contacted them during the warranty they would have just given it to me. But I had to buy it. This is no slam on PB--The warranty is 1 year, and I contacted them after 2 1/2 years. Still, they were pretty good about it--I couldn't find my charger so they sent me a used one for free with the battery/motor.

But the new battery/motor is fairly easy to install, and BOY! WHAT A DIFFERENCE! It's running like it's supposed to again. I also ordered the silt bag--it, too, increases the PB's effectiveness.

I don't know about the newer PoolBuster models, but I am still very, very pleased with mine. It's like a new unit again.
    This is what I meant by the upgrade kit....
    It's not an upgrade--it's a replacement motor/battery pack. It runs the way they were supposed to run from the beginning. I think I had one that ran, but was hindered with a less-than-100% battery. You should simply get a 100% motor/battery in your new machine. As far as I can tell, the only change they made was a slight improvement in the on/off switch to reduce the chance of leaking. I don't know if they've upgraded the internal battery--you cannot see it.
    Carl

I just got one from Poolplaza.com for $185 plus free shipping. plus they take paypal!

CUTURHAIR is offline ** No working email address ** CUTURHAIR 0

For those of you who use the PoolBuster as an only vacuum, can you tell me what model you would suggest for my 11,200 gallon vinyl inground pool, which gets very few leaves, and mostly bugs, dirt/dust, etc. Not a lot of debris that is large, but more smaller stuff usually. I don't want to waste the money on a larger unit than I need, but want to spend my money wisely, nonetheless. This thing looks pretty cool, and a good price!

Thanks!
    John

There are only 2 current models: Pool Buster Max and Pool Buster Max CG. The CG model (stands for Commercial Grade) has 30% more suction and recharges in 2 hours and comes with the fine filter. The regular Max normally recharges in 8 hours.

The CG is about $50 more on the web, with the fine filter costing $25, it might be worth it.

There is a tip on the PB web site about using the wheels (instead of the brushes) for better suction. I have used only the wheels so far (on a vinyl IG), so I can't comment on the difference. The limiting factor for us has been the (relatively) small size of the pickup bag. We have had no problem with the power or charge length.

So, I think either would work fine. The regular Max is much easier to find, I only found 3 or 4 sites that sell the CG model.

My pool buster arrived in the mail yesterday. Yippeeeee! I will give it a try this weekend.
    The number of people staring at you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

Question Re: More on PoolBusters

What did you think of your new pool buster? I've had the aqua bug for a few days and I am not satisfied with it, I'm thinking of returning it and getting the pool buster...let me know what you think. I have an Intex Easy Set with that little pump it came with but we have it hooked up to a sand filter instead so its alittle better than the original filter setup. It seems like the pool buster might have better sucking power than the little pump we have now.

Thanks

I have used it a couple of times and it works pretty well. I am going to order the fine sediment filter for it. I have some fine sand that gets through the regular filter.

On Saturday and Sunday morning I use it to pick the small amount of trash on the bottom that the pool sweep did not get. Nice clean pool to swim in. It only take a few minutes. A million times better than dragging out the vacuum hose.
    The number of people staring at you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

+ Reply to Thread