+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who has an Intex Ultra Frame 24' pool?

Default Who has an Intex Ultra Frame 24' pool?

I am getting ready to set up a new Intex Ultra Frame 24' pool. What I am looking for and Intex can't provide me is the footprint drawing of where the support poles land.

I want to put footing under each pole and need to have them installed and level prior to setting up the pool.

Can someone with a 24' Intex Ultra Frame Pool Help? Just some simple dimensions would help me a bunch. I would be very greatful.

Thanks

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Who has an Intex Ultra Frame 24' pool?

Did you buy the pool locally? If so, do you think maybe the pool store would be willing to call another customer who previously bought this pool to see if they would mind if you drove over and took a look?

Good Idea but its a Wally World pool and their less help then Intex.
    Thanks

its very hard to say for sure where they will end up at. I know that might be hard to understand, but untill you have the pool together then you will. the pool flex's alot, and with the flex the legs move. mine is pretty level, I think Im off 1" and that was from using a string level, get a laser level to level it up. you can find cheap one's on ebay for around $25. back to the legs, I did the same as you and wanted to set them on pads and did but after filling they slid almost all the way off in places, I used the 6x12 pads, so if I was doing it again, I would use the 12x12 pads and hope when the pool filled the legs would still be on the pads. to me that your best shot, some of my legs or stright, some lean a little in, some lean a little out, and if your standing on the outside of the pool when everybody is jumping and playing it will scare you to death how much this pool moves around, don't get me wrong. its been an awesome pool, I upgraded the filter to a sand dollar 1hp sand filter, which was the best thing I done, we are in our second year with this pool, next year we are going to upgrade to a 24'hardside above ground,
    If I can help in anyway, let me know

Thanks a bunch. I can use 12" by 12" pads for sure.

How did you know what the diameter of the circle was where the pads land?
    It says its 24' pool but that is probably not where the legs are.
    Thank you

The way we done it was to level off a 24' dia spot, then put the pool together, then level all the legs, this is where the laser level will come in handy, your going to need a couple of guys to help you put it together, the last piece of top rail is a #$%@$#$ to get in, then you can put a little water in, maybe 2" then go back and level the legs. its a pain in you know where, but that is the best way I could figure it out, like I said the legs move they slid out as you add water, and when everyone i the pool they still move a little.

Thanks a bunch. I was thinking about laying out the top ring and marking where each pole would go based where the pole attaches to the top ring. Would you say the legs push out from verticle at the bottom or do they push in from verticle once water is in the pool?

Thanks a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by jkoch View Post
    Thanks a bunch. I was thinking about laying out the top ring and marking where each pole would go based where the pole attaches to the top ring. Would you say the legs push out from verticle at the bottom or do they push in from verticle once water is in the pool?

Thanks a bunch.
    They will push out generally since the top ring is your "fixed" point. I helped the mother-in-law set up one of these Wally 24" Intex pools. She too is on year 2 with a salt water system as the only upgrade from standard.

The pool top ring is a T-total B$%$# to put together as moose said above, so drink lots of beer before installing. We leveled the pool area using the string method also and were within about an 1". No pads were used because the ground is hard Mississippi red clay underneath. As moose said, the pool will move and shift as water is added, so plan accordingly.

I can measure the top ring diameter for you tonight after work if you would like? It will be late tonight though.

Michael

Thanks a bunch. Sorry for the later reply, work getting in the way.
    What I really need is not the top diameter measurement but the diameter measurement at the bottom where the feet are. If you could get me the diameter at the leg bottoms that would be perfect. I really appreciate the help.

Thanks

I have this pool. 54" I had the same experience with the poles leaning. Mine is not on footings as I had a level spot in the yard when I started, so I'm not dealing with unpacked sand. I used excessive amounts of roundup, spread the square blue tarp that came with it, and called it good. So far, the tarp is keeping the legs from sinking. But some arent perfectly straight. Some things to keep in mind...

1. Be very aware of rotation and where you REALLY want ur pump equipment. I thought I wanted it "here" and now I wish it was "there".

2. Leveling: water dont lie. The squares on the liner should be level. Meaning if you count them down from the grey part at the top, you should be able to use that count all the way around the pool as it starts to get about a foot or so of water. Mine is no more than 1 square off from one side to the other and I'm happy. At the very least, the water will be level. So you can use a tape from the water level to the top rail to see how ur doing. If it's more than and inch and a half off from one side to the other, i'd stop and start over on your leveling before you get all the way full and decide you dont like it.

3. Have a bullet level handy. I didnt. This is why my legs arent perfect. I was eyeballing it. At first you cannot level the legs. The rope at the bottom will screw you in trying. (u'll see y) But as the pool fills, keep going round and round the pool with the level, and keep releveling the legs (both ways) until the point you cant lift them anymore. It'll be about 3ft full when you can no longer lift them. At this point, it is where it is. It's also not very stable yet. Dont worry, that last foot of water makes the pool ROCK SOLID.

4. I went around shaking the top rail as it filled and got heavier. If you do this you can hear the vinyl pop as it starts to stretch and "seat" where it'll wanna be forever.

5. If you have trees, even NEAR the pool, that small Intex filter may annoy you cleaning it. I had to go to a sand filter before I was really happy, but I wouldnt trade my partial afternoon shade for anything.

6. This pool is WAY TOUGHER than I had ever imagined. I am SO GLAD I got the Ultra. However, the ladder leaves A LOT to be desired. And as tough as it looks, the top rails are not indestructable. Some idiot, (idk who, cuz they wont admit it) was jumping from the side and bent one down a little in the middle. But the mere fact that someone 200# plus can stand on the rails and feel safe is a testament to how tough this pool really is.

I suppose at the start of next season, I'll drain it, and fix my first little mistakes at setup. But luckily, I had nothing that I couldnt live with for the first season to make me drain it immediately. I'll probably take it down this winter, and rebuild it next year, and it'll stay there for good that time. Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread