+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Aqua Green in color

Default Re: Aqua Green in color

Thanks! Sorry bout the post.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtboy6 View Post
    Thanks! Sorry bout the post.
    No apology necessary. That is one of the things the moderators are here for -- to help get things organized. This forum is a big place and sometimes it is hard to tell where to post a question, especially for a new member. We gotcha covered! No problem.

That's a sign of good moderators.

When adding bleach do I just pour along side of pool AWAY from liner?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

You can either pour it in front of a return jet reaching as far as you can away from the side of the pool (I think this is probably what most people do) or pour it into the skimmer. Either way pour it very slowly and avoid splashing it on you or on the liner.

Regarding your comment about good moderators --- thanks. We really try! Appreciate the comment.

I added 4.26 gallons of bleach total for 26,000 gallons of water. Does that sound like a good start? I will sit and wait. This sounds like a dumb question but does the bleach help turn the water clear?

Thanks

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

The bleach will sanitize the water, and help do away with the Pristine chems, but the filter is what removes it from the water.

Janet

First of all let me say THANKS everyone for the help. Asking my local pool stores for help is a joke all they want is your money. I took todays water sample by they did not give me a sheet just told me what to buy. I told them no way!! I understand I need stabilizer but then he told me I can help you out if you buy from me arrrrrrr. Also he could not test my CYA they were out he said. Anyway this is all I have for today

PH - 8.0
    TC - 2
    TA - 200

I added 4.26 gallons of bleach yesterday. Tc went from 0 to 2 Ta also went up as far as CYA It will be 7 or lower so I will get the stabilize to put in. In a 26,000 pool what would be a good lb for the stabilizer.

Once again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtboy6 View Post
    First of all let me say THANKS everyone for the help. Asking my local pool stores for help is a joke all they want is your money. I took todays water sample by they did not give me a sheet just told me what to buy. I told them no way!! I understand I need stabilizer but then he told me I can help you out if you buy from me arrrrrrr. Also he could not test my CYA they were out he said. Anyway this is all I have for today

PH - 8.0
    TC - 2
    TA - 200

I added 4.26 gallons of bleach yesterday. Tc went from 0 to 2 Ta also went up as far as CYA It will be 7 or lower so I will get the stabilize to put in. In a 26,000 pool what would be a good lb for the stabilizer.
    Have you discovered The Pool Calculator yet? It's a pretty nifty application. One of its functions allows you to enter your current chemistry levels, number of gallons in your pool etc and then advises on the approximate amount (number of ounces, cups, pints or gallons) needed of the chemical you're trying to increase.
    16'x29' free-form 14K gal IG gunite pool; SWCG & sodium hypochlorite 8.25%; Hayward SwimClear C4025 cartridge filter; Hayward SP3202VSP TriStar Variable Speed Pool Pump; custom test kit based on Taylor K-2006C; city; PF:8.6

Thanks! will check it out

If I add muriatic acid how long do I need to wait till I add stabilizer?

Probably 2 or 3 hours would be fine. How are you planning to add the stabilizer? Most people think it dissolves fastest if you put it in an old sock and hang it in front of a return jet.

+ Reply to Thread