+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Backwashing/Vacuuming--water coming back into pool

Default Backwashing/Vacuuming--water coming back into pool

We have a Baquapure sand filter and just replaced the entire lid/multiport valve assembly (with a new spider gasket) and changed the sand. Now when I backwash or vacuum the pool, water is coming out the waste adapter plus coming back into the pool. The water only shoots out of the waste adapter half as far as it used to. The algae I'm trying to sweep from the pool is coming right back in. Does anyone have any suggestions? We're not sure if it's something with the spider gasket or possibly one of the laterals. Any help would be greatly appreciated! It's in the 90's, and I really want to swim!

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Backwashing/Vacuuming--water coming back into pool

Something in the Multivalve assembly is either assembled wrong or the new assembly is defective. I doubt it could be much else unless it's plumbed backwards.
    Carl

CarlD--thank you so much! Your suggestions prompted my husband to check the connection of the hoses to the new multiport valve assembly. When he changed the multiport valve assembly, he reconnected everything exactly the same as it originally was. However, for some reason, the manufacturer reversed the position of the connections. So it was plumbed backwards, and we really thank you! It's time for me to vacuum the pool now so we can swim

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

That's what we like to hear. Simple and CHEEP solutions. Welcome to the forum.
    Al
    16'x32' oval 22K gal IG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S244T sand filter; Hayward superpump 1 HP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:5.5

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by Poconos View Post
    That's what we like to hear. Simple and CHEEP solutions. Welcome to the forum.
    Al
    Thank you, Poconos! We were thrilled that this was a simple and cheap solution!!

+ Reply to Thread