+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone familiar with nitro wall climber?

docsobeck is offline PF Supporter Thread Analyst docsobeck 0

Default Anyone familiar with nitro wall climber?

i'm considering getting a robotic cleaner, but don't want to break the bank just because i don't feel like vacuuming. i just learned about the nitro wall climber, which offers a very attractive price, (about $500 if you shop around) and the online reviews i've seen are pretty positive overall. anyone know more than that?

thanks.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Anyone familiar with nitro wall climber?

The Blue Diamond Pearl is not much more than that.
    Carl

thanks watermom. i'm always around reading about the latest advice and issues even if i'm not posting.

hey carl, in your experience, how close does a robotic cleaner come to eliminating the traditional "hook up the hose through the skimmer" vacuuming?

hzz is offline Lifetime Member Thread Analyst hzz 1 star

Quote Originally Posted by docsobeck View Post
    thanks watermom. i'm always around reading about the latest advice and issues even if i'm not posting.

hey carl, in your experience, how close does a robotic cleaner come to eliminating the traditional "hook up the hose through the skimmer" vacuuming?
    I haven't vacuumed by hand with a hose in the skimmer for over 10 years, going back to my first robotic cleaner.

The closest I get to manual cleaning is to do some touch ups with my pool blaster.

Once you have a robot there is no going back...lol

now THAT'S what i wanted to hear! i think i'm going to take a chance on the nitro. all the research i've done indicates that it's a good product, and hey - somebody here needs to try it out and report back!

thanks everyone.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Let us know your opinion once you get it and have used it a few times!!

Janet

Quote Originally Posted by docsobeck View Post
    now THAT'S what i wanted to hear! i think i'm going to take a chance on the nitro. all the research i've done indicates that it's a good product, and hey - somebody here needs to try it out and report back!

thanks everyone.
    Please do. I am looking at this unit myself, since I first saw it at the local pool store ($1100 from them...hrrmm don't think so). I have read and looked all over for a inexpensive robot cleaner and this is the one I keep coming back to. I for one will be very interested in hearing how well it works or doesn't work and where you bought it from.

Keep us posted!

Michael

well, let's put it this way: i have name my robot "catalina", and i love her very much.

obviously i can't speak to durability, but it really does an excellent job of cleaning and is very, very easy to use and clean. it does exactly what i had hoped it would do, and i've packed away my old vacuum hose and put the kreepy on ebay.

the only negative so far is that two little plastic knobs that hold the bottom cover on are kind of cheap and tend to come loose during use so that i have to be careful that it doesn't pop open and drop the filter bag in the water when removing it. this is a small price to pay given that the unit is at least $300 cheaper than anything comparable.

i'll keep reporting as i learn more about the unit. thanks for your interest everyone!

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by hzz View Post
    I haven't vacuumed by hand with a hose in the skimmer for over 10 years, going back to my first robotic cleaner.

The closest I get to manual cleaning is to do some touch ups with my pool blaster.

Once you have a robot there is no going back...lol
    Ain't that the truth! And if you have a PoolBuster (and I have one of the first), your backup is better than a vacuum.

I haven't used the suction-side vacuum in, what?, 5-6 years? Maybe 7?

A well-charged PoolBuster with the upgraded finer filter will, if you must, allow you to vacuum your pool in 1/2 to 1/3 the time of a hose vacuum. The only thing to watch with them is sometimes they have bad battery/motor packs that have to be replaced--usually under warranty.

But a PoolBuster is usually just for touch-ups. The robot does it all--you don't ever brush the pool, either.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread