+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Metals ? (You there Marie) ??

stma is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst stma 0

Default Metals ? (You there Marie) ??

Anyone ever heard of (or utilized) Jack's Magic Blue Stuff ?? It claims it "removes" metals from water EVEN AT high CL levels ?

Developed a metals issue a few years back and have fought it ever since.... Any "shocking" procedures drops the metals out of suspension and I wind up with staining....

When I saw the Jack's Magic, I assumed i could shock without the staining...? Any ideas ??

(Hoping everyone's been well)...
    Steve

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

Default Re: Metals ? (You there Marie) ??

I have used Jack's Magic, and while it is a good product, nothing really removes metals from the water. What kind of pool do you have, and what are your current numbers?
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

stma is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst stma 0

Thanks Marie....You helped me extensively a few years back....
    18ft AG Vinyl
    (waiting on my Taylor ReAgents to arrive)
    Simple drop test:
    TC 6
    PH 7.4
    TA 110
    CYA was added yesterday ( attempting a 40-50 range)

After a swamp on Friday, 16 gallons of 5% has me perfect now... it's just the staining that "has me" once again. Was interested in the Jacks ONLY of their claim that it's stable in high CL numbers..... No doubt the metals will remain ,,, just want them to stay suspended...

mbar is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars mbar 3 stars

You can use any sequestering agent with high chlorine levels. It is the ascorbic acid that wants the chlorine to be low, because chlorine eats ascorbic acid and so you would have to use more with high chlorine for it to work, and it is just a waste. While sequestering agent eats chlorine, it still works to sequester but you will use up more than usual. I just tried Jack's Magic the blue stuff this year. It clouded my water both times I used it, but it cleared up in a day or so. I used it when I had high chlorine levels and little bit of staining. It didn't lower my ph much, so I put in a puck and then the stains did lift. Hope this helps, let me know how you make out - we can all learn from each other how new products work
    Northeast PA
    16'x32' kidney 16K gal IG fiberglass pool; Bleach; Hayward 200lb sand filter; Hayward pump; 24hrs; Pf200; well; summer: none; winter: mesh; ; PF:7.5

+ Reply to Thread