+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How can I tell if my pool equipment is compatible with a salt chlorintaor?

Default How can I tell if my pool equipment is compatible with a salt chlorintaor?

Hello everyone... first time here. I have been looking into salt chlorinators but have been getting conflicting info regarding equipment compatibility. I have an Anthony S.S. filter (Flowmaster 4000) which is about 10 years old. While getting estimates on a salt system installation I was told by one company that my equipment was perfectly compatible, but the next company told me that a stainless steel filter would corrode and a salt system would not be wise.

I'm not sure which piece of info is correct... any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

John Allen

tonyl is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst tonyl 0

Default Re: How can I tell if my pool equipment is compatible with a salt chlorintaor?

I can't speak for WaterMaid but with AutoPilot, AquaRite, Eco-matic, etc. the salt level is low enough to still be considered fresh water. Compatible with your equipment in my opinion.

FYI....in 5 years with the Aquarite, salt level 3200-3400...my copper cored gas heater still works great and hasn't leaked.
    Last edited by tonyl; 05-01-2006 at 11:25 AM.

Default Re: How can I tell if my pool equipment is compatible with a salt chlorintaor?

Tony,

Thanks for the info! This is a great help.

John

Quote Originally Posted by tonyl
    I can't speak for WaterMaid but with AutoPilot, AquaRite, Eco-matic, etc. the salt level is low enough to still be considered fresh water. Compatible with your equipment in my opinion.

FYI....in 5 years with the Aquarite, salt level 3200-3400...my copper cored gas heater still works great and hasn't leaked.

For the record, It is the same for a Watermaid unit. I also have had a soft copper core heater for 5 years. 6000 ppm salt and it still works just fine.

Mark Manning
    Watermaid Canada
    www.watermaid.ca
    mark@watermaid.ca

+ Reply to Thread