+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replacing concrete deck

Default Replacing concrete deck

My three-foot concrete deck is cracked and chunks have spalled off in several places. I'd like to replace it, but I'm worried about the amount of work, cost and risk involved in having it removed, so I was wondering whether it is possible to have interlocking concrete pavers laid over top of it. I am planning to lift a paving stone patio next summer anyway because it has heaved, so could raise the level to match. Has anyone ever done this -- or does anyone have any other suggestions? I don't want to use a spray-on/roll-on product because I don't really like the look.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Replacing concrete deck

I had a concrete pad poured about 4 years ago under my deck. We are now just starting the pool. I had the deck poured 2inches lower because back then had had the idea of putting pavers or flag stone on top. After pricing it out, I have decide to tear the concrete pad out. Because all the nice pavers cost appx $8 /sg ft and then you have installation on top of that unless you do it yourself. I am getting stamped concrete completely poured for $8 /sq ft. This way all will match-OFFFF COURSE FOR THE WIFE

Default Re: Replacing concrete deck

Check out Artistic pavers they have a wealth of information on pavers and they have install videos. You can install pavers over existing concrete but you may need to use a renovation coping to raise the coping height to match the new paver deck.

www.artisticpavers.com/coping.php

Hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread