+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spa return jets where to buy?

Default Spa return jets where to buy?

After getting the blower on the spa fixed, I turned it for the first time. The blower was blowing water out of the spa area of the pool. I tought to adjust the jets. There are 5. Only 3 blow air, not sure if something is blocked or if it is design. I noticed on the one not blowing that it was different. The rest are standard eyeball. This one though is solid in the middle with a small slit near the edge. I moved this to the worst offending jet. That jet looked like normal spa instead of torrent water fall spalshing water out of the spa area.

Does anyone know where to get jets like this that is one's that control the flow of water coming out?

I think at one time all the jets were this type. I am not sure if pipes were replaced long before we moved into the house. This particular jet will screw onto other fittings but is more shallow and will not screw all the way on. When I tried to screw on the other fitting on the hole from the jet that controls flow, it seems too big. The "control jet" was on a hole that seems to be pushing less water out than the others. I can feel water move if I stick a finger in the hole but can't see that it is pushing water much. Not sure if the pipes were redone and this one was left out of the loop or if something is clogged. I mention this just in case I have no clue what this is and there is some reason that I am clueless about as to why this fitting was on that hole.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

mas985 is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars

Default Re: Spa return jets where to buy?

Assuming these are standard gunite venturi jets, remove the external fittings and the jet nozzle which is deep within the fitting. You will need a long socket wrench. Then run the jet pump and see if all of the returns are behaving the same. This will also flush out any debris that may be stuck behind a nozzle. Inspect both the nozzles and external fittings for any clogs and/or damage.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

+ Reply to Thread