Hi poolbee,

I have the same jacuzzi pump, 1hp. Our poolbuild was in 2003. I run the pump non-stop 24hrs a day from open to close, typically from May 1 - Oct 1. I have the infloor cleaning system and I like to keep that running. When I opened the pool this year, after about 2 weeks of running, the pump got very loud. I figured the propeller needed cleaned due to all the "helicopters" that fell from the trees and I figured they got thru and clogged it up in there, but I wasn't willing to take the motor apart due to not being able to get it back together! I have been researching new pumps to replace this one for about a week now. Just to let you know, my pump quit working lastnight. this morning I went out and it was done. So, the loud noise went on for about 1 month before it quit working. I don't recommend you let it just die, even though thats what i did. I knew I was getting a new pump but I was hoping it would have made it till next week so the new pump could be installed when we were out of town. Oh well!

*The yellow ring with the yellow push tab is the "no tool entry" benefit. You just push the yellow tab in and hold it in while turning the black ring collar to take the motor out.
I have the jacuzzi filter system and it has the same setup on the filter case.

My paperwork says it has an unconditional 2 year warranty against seal failure which allows the pump to run dry without damage to the shaft seal.

12 year limited warranty, but it doesn't say what the limited includes.

Hope this helps!