+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Liner came off, any advice is appreciated

Default Liner came off, any advice is appreciated

Hello,

Today we opened the pool and the liner seemed to have come off, about 3 or 4 feet wide. I've been doing some reading (also the tips that are here: http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=7224) and also tried the method with the hairdryer that worked somewhat but now i'm at the point i can't seem to get it any more in. The liner is just too far down, and also too far off the wall, and i'm afraid to tear it since there's already this tiny little tear)

There now is a .5 inch tear on top of it, the part that hangs into the liner track (don't know that actual word for it).

The pool is quite drained already (4 to 5 feet) but i dont dare to go any further since i don't want to lose too much pressure on the walls. I'm aware of the BBB method (thanks by the way, that method has worked GREAT for me so far) so i'm running the pump, shocked it etc and all that looks good but what to do? Call professional help? If so, keep the water level low or can i start filling up the pool already? (The deep part is about 9 feet)

See pictures and if needed i would be happy to give more information.

One more thing, it's not possible to do this from standing into the pool since i am not 12 feet long. Yep, it's the deep part of the pool,

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by olavski; 05-30-2010 at 07:41 PM.

Default Re: Liner came off, any advice is appreciated

I have some pool people scheduled to take a look at it but that could take a little while. The water looks better already, can i use it? I would love to seem my 2-year old using the pool even if it's not totally filled up and still with a broken liner.

I'm just worried something happens to the (rest of the) liner or wall.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry I missed this earlier (BUSY time for pool dudes - I try to scan all the new posts, but apparently miss some- PM-ing me was the right thing to do )

If, for whatever reason, the A-B-Cs of liner tucks aren't working for you, let the pros do it. Though, from the pics, everything looks good to be able to reattach the liner, don't risk it's integrity further!

As long as the water is clean and sanitized, of course your baby can take a dip

If I lived close enough, I'd come over and pop that liner back in for you LOL
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Thanks waste! Too bad the ABC's didn't work out, great tips though. I have some pro's coming on Thursday to take a look at it.

Thanks again and will let you know what happened.

I have had 3 different pool stores came out and they all said one thing: Replace it. The gap is now about 6 to 8 feet wide and some of the upper liner (what goes in the track) is torn. There is hardly no stretching, even not with the hairdryer/warm water.

One guy said he could get me through the summer by removing some of the old liner and glue/patch some replacement vinyl over the old vinyl. He said that should be ok for now so i can fill up the pool just like we used to do but said also this is only temporarily. Sooner or later we need a new liner.

I'm very tempted to do this, the repair is about $175 and would allow me and the family to swim and save up for a liner. Any ideas or suggestions on this temp. fix?

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

If replacing the liner isn't feasible for you right now, and this guy can guarantee you a swim season out of it, then it's your call--but I would go ahead and start putting money back for a new one, because even if it goes another season, I doubt you'll get two.

Just my $.02

Janet

It's replaced with a new liner a couple of weeks ago and i'm pretty happy with the deal we got. The gap had become almost 10 feet wide and the liner was just too old to get any decent stretch.

Anyway, now i have a liner bead lock in there. Not expecting miracles from it, it's more a placebo for a peaceful mind.

Thanks for the replies though.

+ Reply to Thread