+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice on New Pool Cleaner

Default Advice on New Pool Cleaner

We are in the process of getting a new liner, new light and poolside basketball goal in our pool. Our pool is 13 years old, 18x43 Lazy-L Oval shape around 27000 gallons. I have had the same Kreepy Krauly for 13 years and with a couple replacement parts it has worked great but it's seen better days. I am looking for advice on what the latest and greatest in pool cleaners is and what would the experts recommend. I'd love to have something more automated that I could just throw in the pool with no hose,etc.. but not sure how well those work. Any advice would be appreciated.

Default Re: Advice on New Pool Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by shutitdown View Post
    We are in the process of getting a new liner, new light and poolside basketball goal in our pool. Our pool is 13 years old, 18x43 Lazy-L Oval shape around 27000 gallons. I have had the same Kreepy Krauly for 13 years and with a couple replacement parts it has worked great but it's seen better days. I am looking for advice on what the latest and greatest in pool cleaners is and what would the experts recommend. I'd love to have something more automated that I could just throw in the pool with no hose,etc.. but not sure how well those work. Any advice would be appreciated.
    You're describing a robot cleaner. Though I have no experience with these, you'll find a pretty good selection of robot cleaners at the top of this page.
    16'x29' free-form 14K gal IG gunite pool; SWCG & sodium hypochlorite 8.25%; Hayward SwimClear C4025 cartridge filter; Hayward SP3202VSP TriStar Variable Speed Pool Pump; custom test kit based on Taylor K-2006C; city; PF:8.6

hzz is offline Lifetime Member Thread Analyst hzz 1 star

What you are looking for is a robotic pool cleaner.

Here is my experience with them-others may be different

Aquabot turbo-excellent cleaner, works well in cold water(cleans pool in spring startup), lasts a long time, parts readily available. A real workhorse

Dolphin Diagnostic- Cleans well, remote is a nice feature, does not work in cold water and is not reliable. When it does breakdown customer support is poor.

Aquabot Viva-my present cleaner- works very well, cleans pool in about an hour if you do bottom only, remote works well...still working after 3 years with no service.

Another cleaner people speak highly of is the blue diamond.

Do some research and check out eBay for some good pricing.

Hope this helps

Zane

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Stay away from the Dolphin Diagnostic. It works well for a while but they break down quickly--and, as stated above, service is atrocious. That's experience talking. Their motors are far smaller than the Blue Diamond's and that's a problem for the vacuum motor as the unit is much heavier.

Blue Diamonds do much better. Their bags work just as well but are far easier to clean. The unit is lighter and can do in 3 hours what the Dolphin does in 8.

I know Aquabots have a good rep but I've never had one.

Still, robotics are addictive! They are all fundamentally the same, originally all coming from one company--I think it was a family where they got mad at each other and started their own version.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread