+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who loves their Polaris 380?

Default Re: Who loves their Polaris 380?

Learned a lot over 6 years. I just retired my "old" one (11 years) and got a rebate from the factory on a new one. That's not bad considering it lives in chlorine and I have no idea what the previous owner did with it.

1. Doesn't move: check the filter screen at the wall. For some reason this year it is clogging a lot with little fine junk (central NJ). Never happend it before. My pool guy says this is a problem in NJ recently.

2. Doesn't clean the pool properly: fiddle with the rear jet.

3. Ties in Knots: One ff three things. 1. Length and quality of the hose. 2. New floats in the recommended places work magic. they do lose their bouyancy along the way. DONT run it too long.. for me it's 3 hours.

4. My old pool service vendor took it apart every year and gave it a tune up. What a waste. The new place will tunie it up via mail for parts $ only.

5. I hate the reverser valve design because the little side jet drags along the concrete and wears out the bushing. However the new hose assembly and floats seem to be keeping it off of the pool walls.

6. Now i am working with the timing to allow it to park in the deep end so the kids don't have to move it :-)

Overall, I love it. It's a great device. I found the factory instructions online in PDF format at the polaris web site. Very helpful

Default Re: Who loves their Polaris 380?

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTCHEMCL
    We HATE ours as well. We have a fiberglass pool with many articulations. First we had to get wheels that have suction cups on them to move around the pool. Then once we got it to move, it gets stuck on every curve so it just sits there. Anyone want one? We are looking at the Aquabot. That looks like it has treads (kind of like a tank) and not wheels. Does anyone have anything like that? Our thought is that it would not get stuck on the curves of our pool. Any suggestions?

I have had my Aquabot for a year now and love it. I am amazed at how efficient it is.

+ Reply to Thread