+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what can I use to physically wash down empty pool

Default what can I use to physically wash down empty pool

try to make this short...am now emptying pool after not being able to clear water last year...clear until you got in then got cloudy...used flocculants and chemicals...balance was perfect except for these floating particles...now the bottom seems rough, walls not slimy...what can I use to clean entire pool...liner is only 2 years old so replacing that is not what I would like to do...can I use regular soap, maybe with some chlorine added...need help fast...pool is almost empty.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: what can I use to physically wash down empty pool

I can't advise you on what to use to clean it, but I can tell you that if you totally empty a liner pool, there is a very good chance that you may ruin your liner. STOP DRAINING!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

I wanted to quickly post at least that much since I saw you were online. At least leave maybe a foot of water?? You don't say if this is an inground or above ground. If it is an inground, you also have to worry about floating the liner if there is a high water table. Sit tight for the time being and see if someone else can advise you better than I can.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

There are vinyl cleaners made for liner pools, but honestly I wouldn't put any soap of any kind in my pool. If nothing else, maybe just use a sponge with water to wipe it all down, then rinse with the hose. If you get soap in the pool, it's gonna be a pain (and large chlorine demand) to get it out again.

Janet

+ Reply to Thread