+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is going on?

timmie is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst timmie 0

Default What is going on?

Hi,
    I had my inground pool opened by someone new. Here are my problems

1. the service light is on on my heater and I cant turn the heat on.

2. The pump fills up with water but I cant feel anything out the jets. Yesterday the pump smelled like it was burning. The pump does not fill up all the way

3. I cant move the jet? the round things like I could last year.
    They are very tight.

Can anyone help me??

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: What is going on?

I can't give you any advice about the heater, I know less than nothing about them.

Is the pump making any noise at all? Making any attempt to run? Have you tried checking to make sure there's not gunk in the impeller? YOu should be able to get to the impeller by taking the front cover off the motor, but make sure the power is off and there's no way the motor can start while checking it, because you will lose fingers that way!

By "the round things", do you mean the return eyeballs? Mine were stiff this year too, just took some extra effort to get them to turn. Mine turn easier clockwise than they do counterclockwise...

Janet

Hi, it looks like they put the eyeballs in the wrong way. They are flat on the outside!! Could that be giving me my problems?? Do I have to empty the pool to get them in the right way??

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

I can't give you advice about the heater/pumping problem. But, I can tell you that you do not have to drain the pool to remove the eyeballs and put them in correctly. Unscrew them, turn them around and screw them back in. Someone will be along shortly to help you with your problem.

Thanks water mom.......shouldnt the eyeballs be rounded facing out into the pool?? They are flat..........I am so frustrated

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Make sure all the valves that might need to be opened are open! Almost sounds like something might be closed and the pump is pumping against a closed system.

Could be the pump gone bad too, but if it worked at close of last season youd figure it would work at least a little while this season.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by timmie View Post
    The pump does not fill up all the way

Just another thought--is the water level up high enough for the pump to prime? Also, have you tried a "snake" in the return lines to check for a blockage?

Janet

The heater won't be turning on probably because there is little to no flow of water through it. It's a safety feature of the heater, if it detects no water flow/pressure, it won't light so as not to burn up, since the water flowing through it is what keeps it cool.

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for helping.......I have the pool sorted out.
    I had my water tested

CC 15
    Ph 7.2
    Alk 80

I added some Arm and Hammer washing soda but I am confused. Does this bring the Alk and Ph up?? What is baking soda used for again??
    Timmie

+ Reply to Thread