+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: 1st time pool owner

Default Re: 1st time pool owner

BRRRRR!!!!! i didn't quite get to the brushing, did a lap and got out haha!!

im going to check for the wall whale attachments on the weekend. im not sure if it is going to make much difference as the sidewalls look pretty bleached/stained and i have brushed it until my arms hurt lol

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

it is definately freezing. i am going to unroll the the entire solar blanket and see how bad it really is. we are supposed to be having alot of warm days coming up so im anxious to see how warm it will get considering it gets full sun all day.

i do have yet another question

they are calling for some rain on the weekend and i was wondering whether i should be adding anything beforehand? or just test and adjust after the rain?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Nope. The only reason people usually have any trouble when it rains is because they don't wanna go out there and check their pool. Thus, sometimes the chlorine level drops too low and that invites algae. The only other thing that sometimes can happen is that your ph may drop some if your area has acid rain. But, to answer your question about do you need to do anything ahead of time? Just test and adjust after the rain like you thought.

I think you are well on your way to knowing how to handle your pool. Congrats on a job well done. Glad we were able to help get things under control for you. Enjoy and good luck.

+ Reply to Thread