+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who's swimming????

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Cool Who's swimming????

We are!! Water temp was a chilly 78 degrees after a cold front moved in last night, but the kids insisted since I've been promising all week. Thought they'd get out when they got cold but spent most of the afternoon in instead. Nursing sunburns as we speak!!

Janet

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

Default Re: Who's swimming????

Who's swimming? The Frogs.

Pax and Leo are!

The water had been hovering around 76°F and we thought it might be warm enough this weekend but then came that wind yesterday, brrrr! Now the pool is full of sticks, leaves, small branches and other debris and nobody's swimming.

AnnaK
    Oval 12.5K gal AGP; Hayward 19" sand filter; Pentair Dyn 1 HP 2sp pump on timer
    [URL="http://www.ellerbach.com/Pool/"]My Pool Pages[/URL]

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Who's Swimming?

The Canada Geese! (but not in MY pool!)

It's bitterly cold and windy here in Central NJ, like Winter is throwing his last shot at us. NOBODY human and sane is swimming today!
    Carl

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Who's swimming? The pollen and the "helicopters" off the maple trees.

But.......... I'm gonna try and get my hubby to hook up my solar panel this week. We recently had a couple of really big trees cut way back and as a result, my solar panel is gonna get a LOT more sun on it than it used to.

The weather around here has been just plain wacky!! In the upper 80s and low 90s last week. Now yesterday and today, in the 50s with a frost warning for tonight! What's up with that? It is way past when we should be having frost warnings!

Can't wait for the pool to warm up enough to swim!

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

Last evening radar showed a sleety mix and snow about 50 miles north of here in the NY Catskills. We're under a freeze warning for tonight. Rigging a heater on my new pressure gauge now. It'll be ready for tonight and I'll just plug it in.
    Al
    Oh, did I mention it was flurring here this morning?
    Bah Bah Bah Bah Grrrr !!

Quote Originally Posted by Poconos View Post
    Oh, did I mention it was flurring here this morning?
    Flurring? Must be a New York thing.

If it comforts you Easterners any we're not swimming in sunny (Northern) California either. Feels like February outside and expecting rain and colder temps tomorrow.

Who's swimming? Pigeons. The same ones who've decided that my equipment pad is a nice roosting area. I thought it was kind of cute when my resident blue jays starting using the pool last year but I didn't stop to think that this would establish a precedent. Where are those snarky neighborhood cats now that I need them?
    16'x29' free-form 14K gal IG gunite pool; SWCG & sodium hypochlorite 8.25%; Hayward SwimClear C4025 cartridge filter; Hayward SP3202VSP TriStar Variable Speed Pool Pump; custom test kit based on Taylor K-2006C; city; PF:8.6

Got the pool all uncoverd and working on getting the cems right, but the kids could not wait!!Only about 74deg but you know kids!! First year of the pool for us. We had it put up in fall, but never got to use it. Im building a deck for it now.

Welcome to the forum.
    Al

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Who's swimming? Finally, it's gonna be me! Solar panel brought pool temp up to 80 yesterday and will take it on up to probably mid-80s today. So, this evening after all the construction workers go home (backyard is dug up while they fix foundation problems -- UGH!) -- I'm gonna go swimmin'. Can't wait!!! Gotta stop by Walmart on the way home from picking up my youngest child from school to get some pool noodles. Yippee!!!!

(This is actually a late first swim for us. Typically we're in around Mother's Day but the weather is getting weird around here and we had some cold nights much later than normal.)

+ Reply to Thread