+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Splashless bleach

bizbad is offline ** No working email address ** bizbad 0

Default Splashless bleach

I just accidentally poured splashless bleach in my pool. It foamed! What is this stuff? The label doesn't list ingrediants and now I am angry and worried at the same time.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Splashless bleach

It probably has some additive to make it "splashless"--you can try to google the brand name to get the MSDS for it, but basically now that it's in your water, the only thing you can do is wait for the filter to get it out.

Janet

chem geek is offline PF Supporter Whibble Konker chem geek 4 stars chem geek 4 stars chem geek 4 stars chem geek 4 stars

Default Re: Splashless bleach

According to their MSDS and their description, this appears to have either a separate thickener in it or more certainly contains more lye in it since the pH is 12.5 instead of the more typical 11.9 in Clorox Regular MSDS. There is also less bleach in the splashless, probably 3%, compared to Clorox Regular which is 6%.

The foaming should go away on its own. The product will raise the pH more than regular Clorox bleach. Lesson learned.

+ Reply to Thread