+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wall Fitting broke geez.

Angry Wall Fitting broke geez.

Hi everyone.

Ok I got a new Polaris 280 (the old one was 5 years old) and thought my pool cleaning problems would be resolved. Hooked it up, connected it to the return line and the thing barley moved, wheels rotated about 11 rpm. Since the Polaris was new, I figured it must be a return line preasure problem, I was going to remove the restrictor disk so I try and unscrew the wall fitting to remove the disk and it cracks leaving half, part of it still connected in the wall. Now I got two problems that I hope someone on the board can help with. One being - how do I get the broken piece out of the wall fitting and 2 what might be the cause of the poor preasure on my booster pump, could it be the impeller?

Thanks everyone

-Frustrated

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

Default Re: Wall Fitting broke geez.

The low pressure could very well be junk tangled in the impeller. Someone recently had that problem. As for the fitting, have to think on that but is it above or below the waterline? I'm not familiar with these hookups.
    Al

Thanks Al,

It's about 5" below the water line. I'm going to drain the water so I can get to it and attemp to remove the old wall fitting. Hopefully I can. Once thats done I'll have a try at replacing the impeller. Do they normally glue those wall fittings it sure is stick in there...

-Lyle

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

I don't know about those fittings. As for the impeller, no need to replace it. Make sure it can't come on and reach in through the inlet hole at the bottom of the pump basket chamber and see if you feel anything tangled in it. If you do you can use a hooked wire or something like that to pull the stuff out. Can't emphasize it enough to make sure it cannot come on from a timer or someone throwing a switch accidentally.
    Al

Trust me I shut the pumps down via the main power switch. I was not aware the booster pump had a basket chamber. Its got a Volute but I dont see a basket chamber.

Smile Re: Wall Fitting broke geez.

UPDATE: I was able to get the broke piece of the UWF out of the return by chipping away at it with a screw driver and hammer being careful not to damage the threads of the return line. I did have to lower the water line so I could get to it. I also installed a new impeller and seal on the boster pump and BAM it came back to life what a difference

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

COOL

I was debating whether to tell you to attack it with a screwdriver or not
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Cool too. I didn't catch the thing about a booster pump. Glad all is well again.
    Al

+ Reply to Thread