+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm Ready For Nice Weather!

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default I'm Ready For Nice Weather!

After weeks of snow, followed by days of rain that brought down 3 trees in my yard, one blocking the driveway and one partially blocking the road, I AM READY FOR SPRING!!!!

This has been one miserable winter and I cannot wait to put it behind us!
    Carl

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: I'm Ready For Nice Weather!

ME, TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are finally starting to see signs of spring. The trees are budding, the forsythia is beginning to bloom, seeing robins and finally, it is warming up. Of course, we are now dealing with flooding in the area. On top of the melting snow, we got several inches of rain in 24 hours this weekend. The rivers are all swollen and a lot of flooding. At least two people in the area dead after being washed away by floodwaters. One was a volunteer firefighter trying to help people and his boat capsized. The haven't found his body yet I don't think. I live on the top of a mountain, so don't have to worry about the floodwaters. But in the winter when it snows I don't like having to slide down.

At any rate, I'm with you Carl. It is time for this winter to end.

chem geek is offline PF Supporter Whibble Konker chem geek 4 stars chem geek 4 stars chem geek 4 stars chem geek 4 stars

Got my solar turned on last week when the water was 53F and it's up to 65F already and still climbing. We'll probably fire up the gas heater and start swimming sometime in April. Can't wait!

Richard

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Air temps here are finally in the mid to high 60s during the day, still getting into the low 40s at night. Have lots of weeds blooming in the yard, but everything is still pretty wet.

I at least see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Janet

It was in the mid-60s here yesterday and I just saw on the weather report that it might get to 70 today. After 6 months of cold, grey skies, snow, ice rain, high winds and just plain nastiness this balmy day will be a real treat!

Last October I planted some spring bulbs in pots and set them in my garage. I kept them moist by dumping a few handsful of snow on them every now and then and, during the dreariest time in February, I moved them on my covered porch. At the beginning of March I saw the tiniest little green shoots poke through the soil and a week later the blue iris were blooming. I can't begin to tell you how that lifted my winter depression!

The ice floe in the pool is nearly all gone, probably will be thawed by this afternoon. Well, okay, maybe not all of it but I can break large pieces off with the skimmer pole and swish them around to make them melt faster. There are some leaves on the bottom and lots of bracts and as soon as the plumbing is connected again I'll be able to vacuum.

This year I'll be more careful and will try not to fall in.

AnnaK
    Oval 12.5K gal AGP; Hayward 19" sand filter; Pentair Dyn 1 HP 2sp pump on timer
    [URL="http://www.ellerbach.com/Pool/"]My Pool Pages[/URL]

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Spring has sprung!
    Th' grass is rizz!
    I wonders where the flowerz iz?
    Carl

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Well, we HAD flowers down here in Northern Louisiana due to the 70 degree weather for the past week...until it SNOWED again today! Now they say it's going back up to the 70s for the rest of the week......

Janet

Amazing....this time yesterday it was snowing, today it is currently 68 degrees and beautiful outside. Gotta love Louisiana weather!!

Janet

It is simply astonishing that you had SNOW in northern LA!

We've had a few really nice days here in PA but today it was just pouring. And even though I'm itching to get my garden in I know the ice storms will come in April just about the time when the trees have fat buds and leaves on them. It never fails.

Anna
    Oval 12.5K gal AGP; Hayward 19" sand filter; Pentair Dyn 1 HP 2sp pump on timer
    [URL="http://www.ellerbach.com/Pool/"]My Pool Pages[/URL]

It's great to see you back around the forum, Anna!!

Today is beautiful, 74 degrees, and we're headed for the horses this afternoon when the girls get home from school. Finally have a case of Spring fever and hope we've seen the end of the cold stuff for this year!!

Janet

+ Reply to Thread