+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hayward DE filter valve.

Default Hayward DE filter valve.

Hi everybody. I'm currently preparing to purchase a Hayward DE filter (DE3620) and a 6 position backwash valve. The problem I'm having is in locating the correct valve. About 1/2 the valves I see on the internet have the inlet/outlet ports on the left hand side while the other 1/2 have the ports on the right hand side. Hayward's site does not differentiate between these two valves, and, nowhere have I seen valves listed with right or left hand ports. How do I know which valve I'm getting? The instruction manual on Hayward's web site does show "optional" bottom and top port arrangements but nothing on side port arrangements. How do I order the correct valve? I'm needing inlet/outlet ports on the right side of the valve.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Default Re: Hayward DE filter valve.

Hi

Order the valve you can get and, if it's 'backwards' we can help you plumb it in

To be honest, I haven't seen them reoriented that way - if yours is, please tell me!!
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Default Re: Hayward DE filter valve.

Thanks for the reply. I wish I could post pics. I need the plumbing ports on the right because that's the only way to situate the filter on the pad. I could use a left hand port valve but plumbing it would render an unwieldy maze of inefficient PVC piping. When I see pics of them actually installed, the ports are all on the right hand side. What's with the left hand ports?

+ Reply to Thread