FC= 6.5
    CC=0

PH=7.2
    ALK=140
    CYA=60
    Temp=58

In Ground Liner - About 32K Gallons with electric cover

Thanks

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Should I adjust anything ?

Only the temperature! 58 is too cold! Everything else looks great. Just keep an eye on the ph and don't let it drop any lower. Other than that, it is all right on track. I would suggest not using any form of stabilized chlorine, however. CYA at 60 is OK, but you don't really want it to go any higher. Just use bleach. Enjoy!

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Watermom pretty much covered it, the only ? is; how do you chlorinate your pool? ( If you're using 'other than bleach' there are some things to watch out for, in the future)

Just a 'heads up' - Waste
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

I am going to try doing only the bleach this year and see how it goes. Still have a few more questions though.

1. My pump is on a timer and I normally have it shut off at night. If I add bleach at night how much time should the pump be running after I add bleach before it shuts off. ? (1 Hour??)

2. Do I need to watch my CC level or just the FC ? My CC is at 0.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

I usually try and run my pump for a couple of hours after I add bleach. As far as testing chlorine goes, you should keep an eye on both FC and CC, but probably checking CC weekly is sufficient unless you have had a lot of swimmers, rain, debris, etc. After awhile you pretty much get to know your pool and how it behaves. Actually, I am very consistent with maintaining proper water chemistry and I seldom have any CC reading at all. Hopefully that will be true for you as well.

Is it best to have no CC reading at all ? I have a 5.5 FC and 0 CC reading at this time and was concerned. Why is 0 CC good ?

All this halp is great !

Yes- you want your cc reading to be 0. Combined chlorine is the chlorine that has been 'used up' getting rid of all the goo in your water and is no longer available to sanitize your pool. If you have a cc reading of 0, it means you don't have any organic stuff trying to take over your pool.

+ Reply to Thread