+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AquaRite by GoldLine Salt Chlorinator

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Cell life depends on a lot of factors (temp, hours of operation, salt levels). Someone who is more knowledgabe such as Poolsean could probably anwer that question better than me. The newer goldline cells are self cleaning (as are several other ones) and mine has been in constant operation since last thanksgiving and I have never had to clean it or shock my pool. That is one of the reasons I have a swg. I have never had detectable Combined Chlorine tested with a taylor K2005 kit.
    The process of genterating chlorine from salt superchlorinates the water in the cell. My unit does have a superchlorinate setting that will allow the unit to generate chlorine continuously for up to 24 hours but I have never had to use it. My unit will tell me when the cell needs a manual cleaning with a dilute acid solution. How often a cell needs cleaning is directly affected by the hardness of the water going through it. Most manufactures will have the instructions on how to do this on their websites and/or in the manual. Goldline has an excellent tutorial for theirs online complete with photos.
    As far as pH rise is concerned, that is a fact of life with swg, sodium hydroxide (lye) is generated as a byproduct of chlorine generation from salt. My pool tends to stabilize at around 7.8. If it creeps above that I add about 3 cups (24 oz.) acid and my pH is back at 7.2. It will gradually creep back to 7.8 over the next 2 or 3 weeks and then stay there for about another 2 or 3 weeks before it starts to rise above 7.8 so that is when I add the acid again. A pint and a half every month to month and a half is not a whole lot. My pool is only 6600 and is fiberglass so you milage may vary
    Last edited by waterbear; 03-29-2006 at 05:25 PM.

Waterbear,

You're doing good. No input required from me.

Cheers
    Sean Assam
    Commercial Product Sales Manager - AquaCal AutoPilot Inc. Mobile: 954-325-3859
    e-mail: sean@teamhorner.com --- www.autopilot.com - www.aquacal.com

tonyl is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst tonyl 0

Yep....5 years, same cell. It helps with a short Midwest swim season but I also keep the salt levels at the top of the range which lets me run with lower output setting. I shock with bleach only after heavy rain. It isn't needed for normal operation as pointed out by waterbear. I've never needed to clean the cell.

+ Reply to Thread