+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Removing Brown Dust from Pool Floor??

Default Removing Brown Dust from Pool Floor??

Quite a stressful year opening here - about everything that could go wrong did - other than water is clear thankfully! I'm practicing my POP (pool owners patience), but I'm running out. I opened to a brown dusting on my vinyl floor of our 18x34 AG pool. Normally I net out any big stuff and throw in my Aquabot pool rover plus cleaner and I'm good to go - or use my Poolbuster to get any stray deposits... but this stuff clouds up when you net through it - and it keeps clogging my bag on my Pool Rover Plus and then it quits running. I have to keep rinsing the bag and putting it in again. This is not working - I've rinsed it so many times I'm worn out - and it only goes a couple times back and forth and clogs up again. Too big of an area to use the pool buster - tried it already. I don't have any other vacuum type system - any suggestions?? I just opened yesterday and got the pool running last night- gonna try to just keep sweeping it and hope my DE filter will pull it out - but it settles back to the bottom too quickly. Water temp is freezing at 74 from filling it - so I really don't want to get in right at the moment. Anything else I can do to get rid of this setiment on the floor? Currently filtering and taking care of my iron issue from filling - so would like to get this cleaned up - so tomorrow I can balance the pool and get it so we can swim! Thanks in advance -

Sincerely,
    Donya
    Sincerely,
    Donya (huskerfan)

Default Re: Removing Brown Dust from Pool Floor??

I just changed the bag on my Pool rover plus, and took off the micro filter bag and put on the other that is more net like. It does catch some of the brown stuff - nothing like the micro bag did, but it's semi-working. On the plus side it goes a lot longer time before it slows or stops from the bag being clogged/ lack of air - so will keep it up all night if I have to. Also - what blows through the bag is at least circulated around so hopefully my filter will help me out. We're surrounded by farming fields and pollen/ trees/ fertilizer/ cotton flying... so I'm assuming so much has accumulated since we opened so late. Will keep at it - I'm envious of those of you who have been swimming for a month already! Still would accept any other advice for getting it out - thanks again.

Sincerely,
    Donya
    Sincerely,
    Donya (huskerfan)

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Have you tried skimmer socks? They pull out pollen very nicely--and are cheap!
    Carl

Thanks - yes I do use skimmer socks - especially when it's snowing cotton out.

My DE filter is pretty reliable to catch stuff once it goes into the skimmer and on, but this was settled on the floor of the pool and needed "vacuumed" up. I finally got it all up after I changed to the different bag on my Aquabot Pool Rover Plus cleaner. I had to clean the bag a lot - and towards the end - I directed the cleaner around where it needed to go but it's finally clean on the bottom of my pool . I've never had an issue with my Rover stopping and not moving before - but this stuff really stuck to the inside of the micro bag and clogged it up. God forbid if I'd have had to hand vacuum it - I'm spoiled with my cleaners - the rover and my poolbuster! Your compliments on the pool buster prompted me to buy it a few years ago - and I just love it!

Now to get my solar panel issue straightened out - and we're good to go! Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Donya
    Sincerely,
    Donya (huskerfan)

+ Reply to Thread