Ok, so I had to swap out my sand filter due to cracking. I filled the new filter with Zeobest like I had in my old one. I initially backwashed until clear the first time, then stared running it. The water was a little cloudy due to not being able to run the filter for about 4 days. I shocked heavily with bleach and ran for almost 36 hours straight, vaccumed and backwashed another 3 times. The water still did not clear up. I let it sit overnight, came out in the morning and the water was crystal clear. Thought I was all set. So I turned the filter back on, checked on it a while later and the water was cloudy again . Left it off overnight to settle, crystal clear again.

The best I can figure is that when running the filter, it is blowing a super fine silt back into my pool. Did I not flush the new Zeobest good enough? or could there be a problem with my new filter? What do you guys think about throwing in some DE to help filter out that super fine stuff? or should I use some kind of flocculant? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you