I'll try to keep this brief:

Our pool is surrounded by trees. Bad idea. We never get the winter cover on "in time" and are always fishing out leaves before we cover. We do the best we can. This winter, our cover blew off on one corner and we never fixed it. Good news and bad news came of this ~ we opened to a BLACK pool filled with leaves, but the temp is already 68 degrees!! We usually open to a green pool at 52 degrees. So I put in TONS of bleach. I know it is over 40ppm (I diluted my WalMart drops kit....8 viles of water with 5 drops STILL shows orange color at level 5ppm). It FINALLY started to barely clear and turn a blackish/green shade instead of blackish/brown. Now I've got a bubbly white foam covering the top of my pool. I've put NOTHING but bleach in it. Our skimmer basket keeps clogging after 20 minutes with leaves, so the water is not filtering through and the return jet is almost at a stand still. I don't wan't to burn out my pump but I work and I cannot be there all day to keep emptying the basket and bumping the (D.E.) filter. I also tested this morning for PH and it is pretty low. Barely 7.2. When I ran the CYA test, I could clearly see the black dot when the water was all the way to the top of the testing tube. I can't imagine adding MORE bleach because I'm worried it is dangerously high as it is (we have a vinyl liner, 11,000 gal above ground 15x30 4ft. deep pool). Should I add Borax to raise the PH? We keep trying to vac the bottom (can't see it), but the leaves are getting stuck in the vac. hose. ANY SUGGESTIONS????

Thanks sooooooooooo much!!