+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intermatic Timer.

Default Intermatic Timer.

I have an Intermatic Timer controlling my Pump and Salt system. It's not doing a very good job of keeping time (running slow). Before I replace it I was curious if there might be some kind of maintenance that I could perform first?

Or is this a sign that it is time to replace it.
    14'x31' kidney 21K gal IG plaster pool; SWCG (Saline Generating System's SGS Breeze); Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE DE filter; Whisperflow 1 HP pump; 8 hours hrs; kit purchased from Ben; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; PF:5.7

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

Default Re: Intermatic Timer.

I assume it's the clock motor mechanical type. If so I've got two of them that have been running 24/7 since 1997. Wonder if some critters could have built a home in the gears. Mine are totally sealed including the wire penetrations that are sealed with silicone seal to keep everything out. May need just a good cleaning and lube. If not, replace it.
    Al

I'll flush it out with the garden hose this afternoon and let you know if that helps

I looked at it pretty close and can't see any that may be in there ... maybe a little compressed air and some lube . I'll try.
    14'x31' kidney 21K gal IG plaster pool; SWCG (Saline Generating System's SGS Breeze); Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE DE filter; Whisperflow 1 HP pump; 8 hours hrs; kit purchased from Ben; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; PF:5.7

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

Garden hose? Wow, the critters in there must be thirsty. You can use WD-40 and spray the gears and any moving parts generously. WD-40 won't hurt anything. I should really look at mine too. Never did anything to them.
    Al

Water and electricity are not a good mix. Spray out an Intermatic timer and at the very least you will only destroy the time clock. In other words, DON"T DO IT!

sorry folks ... it was a joke. I may not be the brightest crayon in the box but I know never to use a garden hose on an electrical timer....

+ Reply to Thread