+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Bleach?

Default Cheap Bleach?

Does anyone know of a good source for cheap bleach. The price seems to be going up all the time. The cheapest I can find is about $1.30 for a 96 oz. bottle of 5.25% at the local Dollar store. TIA

syrjohn is offline ** No working email address ** syrjohn 0

Quote Originally Posted by mustBnuts
    Does anyone know of a good source for cheap bleach. The price seems to be going up all the time. The cheapest I can find is about $1.30 for a 96 oz. bottle of 5.25% at the local Dollar store. TIA
    The local hardware store here (Marcellus NY) sells the pool stuff at $10 for a 5 gallon jug of 12% concentration. That seems to be a better deal. Check around your local area.

John

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by syrjohn
    The local hardware store here (Marcellus NY) sells the pool stuff at $10 for a 5 gallon jug of 12% concentration. That seems to be a better deal. Check around your local area.

John
    That's a pretty good price! Usually, in the spring, I can find 5 gallon jugs of 26% for $15--but you need to use it fast before it breaks down!
    Carl

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

When Brookshire's or CVS runs it on sale here (Louisiana) you can get a gallon of 6% for $1, but other wise the cheapest seems to be WalMart. My friends at Dollar General decided to change theirs to a 3 qt jug and charge $1.30 for it....no thanks!

Janet

In MA & RI Namco sells 5 gal 12% for $6.95.

ScottS is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst ScottS 0

Quote Originally Posted by aylad
    When Brookshire's or CVS runs it on sale here (Louisiana) you can get a gallon of 6% for $1, but other wise the cheapest seems to be WalMart. My friends at Dollar General decided to change theirs to a 3 qt jug and charge $1.30 for it....no thanks!
    Janet
    Hey Janet. I haven't had any luck at the Dollar General stores either. Now Wal-Mart started charging over $2.00 (I think $2.24) for the 174oz jug down here. I will watch the ads for the CVS sale.

Take care.

Since last summer, I've been geting it at Aldi's for $1 per 3 quart bottle of 6%. Thats the cheapest I've found. Not sure how regional the store is but I think they are expanding around the country.

I think the $1 stores carry bleach - don't know if their 1 gallon or not.

HillBoy is offline ** No working email address ** HillBoy 0

The dollar stores Like Family Dollar & Dollar General carry 3/4 gallon jugs and they typically sell for $1.13 and up. The best deal I've found is at DollarTree which charges $1 for their 3/4 gallon jugs. Here in Dallas, WalMart's 2 gallon jugs sell for $2.28 and Sam's Club has a 3 pk of Chlorox in 182 fl ounce jugs for $7.82.
    Last edited by HillBoy; 03-29-2006 at 08:31 AM.

We have an Aldi's being built as we speak here in North Bama. I have family in Philly and they shop there often. I am excited to be getting a new chain here, sure beats the same ole places

Dana

+ Reply to Thread