+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Still yet another temp sensor blown...

mkelley is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mkelley 0

Default Still yet another temp sensor blown...

Well, it must be that time of year, because my Aqualink has blown still yet another temp sensor (this makes the third, about one per year).

At $90 per these things are expensive to replace every year -- does anyone have an idea on alternatives? I'm even thinking I don't need something that has sensor capabilities, just something that will turn the solar on or off (and I'll deal with the rest manually by monitoring the temp of the water myself).

I have no idea why these things are so fragile -- they don't have any moving parts and all are sealed units. Must be made overseas <bg>.

Default Re: Still yet another temp sensor blown...

Are you talking about the "water temperature" sensor? If so, is it installed just after the pump but before the filter? When I run across this type of installation I always move them to the plumbing after the filter. They seem to last much longer that way.

Thepoolman1

mkelley is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst mkelley 0

Default Re: Still yet another temp sensor blown...

I do think that's where it is (after the pump and before the filter) but I'll have to look to be sure.

At first I thought "oh, yeah, just install it somewhere else, easy for HIM to say" but then as I imagined how it fits it probably isn't that big a deal, right? I'd just drill the right size hole in the PVC (with the pump off, natch) and I'd be good to go (leaving the sensor in the other place as a plug). Doesn't sound like rocket science (I remember when I switched the sensor I was surprised it just fit in the hole with no sort of washer -- just real snug).

Anyway, I might give this a try during March (it's getting a little too cool to play around with water right now, although we ARE in Florida).

+ Reply to Thread